A dream of timelessness
All Rome is a stage. For more than two millennia, she has served as the stunning backdrop for spectacles staged initially by the fathers of the res publica, then by the emperors and finally by the popes. She served as a platform for their dreams of grandeur and immortality as well as for their visions of world domination, infallibility … and exquisite buildings.
Crossing the threshold into the Holy Deer San Lorenzo City Lodge, situated on Piazza Navona, is like stepping into all the richness of Roman history. Standing on the little balcony of the Pope’s Room and watching passersby taking an evening stroll in front of the delightful Fountain of the Four Rivers, by Gian Lorenzo Bernini, feels like falling through time. Anyone who looks up at the façade of the baroque Palazzo Pamphilj, built by Pope Innocent X in the seventeenth century, can’t help but be taken aback by the splendor of this architectural masterpiece. The epochs blur together, leaving behind only the light of the Eternal City and the feeling of being part of something grand.
Of something as indefinable and boundless as Rome itself.
Like the legendary phoenix, Rome continually rises out of its own ashes, creating harmony from chaos and conjuring splendor from where ruin and destruction reigned shortly before. Like the medieval alchemists, Giorgia and Stefano Barbini have embraced the city’s capacity for rebirth and created a dream of timelessness, beauty and perfection within their apartment inside the stately Palazzo Pamphilj. They now share this dream, this free interpretation of the Roman spirit, with their selected guests in the form of the Holy Deer.
This luxurious space is not only graced by stunning baroque frescoes and situated within a palazzo built by the genius architect Francesco Borromini, but also buzzes with an intriguing story of the forbidden love between a pope and his sister-in-law, Olimpia Pamphilj.
Giorgia & Stefano Barbini
- New opening, aunch September 2015
- Positioning and market introduction
- Development of a communication strategy
- Hospitality, Sales & Marketing Consulting
- pr & press office, national & international
- pr, press & fam trips and events
- Text design
What our clients say
Speaking about Ruth Gamper is like speaking about a member of the family. About someone you love and esteem infinitely. Our working relationship with her has unfolded over the course of many years. I remember when we met, way back when my wife Giorgia and I were first considering to enter the world of hospitality. We were very green in many ways and, without a momtent’s hesitation, Ruth simply began helping us achieve our goal. For us, it was love at first sight, in a way. Ruth is determined. Honest. Understanding. Decisive. She just rolls up her sleeves and gets to work right alongside you. She and her team were with us when all 3 lodges were born: White Deer, Blue Deer and Holy Deer. She’s helped guide each and every one to success. Over the course of our professional lives, we’ve worked with many PR agencies. Nobody compares to Ruth. Her strong sense of belonging to the companies she works have helped us achieve unexpected results. Her spontaneity, candid approach and high level of compentence have also helped us create and maintain strong relationship with the high-end international press. Ruth never makes it about her, though. She stands in the wings, encouraging you to take center stage and enthusiastically cheering you on. That’s a rare gift in this world. What else can I say? Thank you for who you are and for what you have done and are doing. Never change!
Stefano Barbini, CEO & Co-Founder San Lorenzo Lodges
- Lufthansa Rome City Guide, Germany - October 2019 -
- tatler.com, UK - September 2019 -
- Elle Decor, USA - August 2019 -
- MW Luxury, Saudi Arabia - June 2019 -
- Centurion Magazine International, USA - May 2019 -
- tatler.com, UK - April 2019 -
- Centurion Magazine International, USA - April 2019 -
- Suitcase Magazine, UK - February 2019 -
- TRAVEL & LEISURE, USA - February 2019 -
- Departures, USA - February 2019 -
- vanityfair.it, Italy - December 2018 -
- Departures, Russia - December 2018 -
- The Australian Financial Review, Australia - November 2018 -
- Robb Report, USA - November 2018 -
- forbes.com, USA - November 2018 -
- AD Style, Italy - November 2018 -
- AD, Germany - October 2018 -
- Il Sole 24 Ore, Italy - September 2018 -
- Financial Times Weekend, UK - September 2018 -