A place of power, a total work of art.
In the middle of the UNESCO World Heritage Site stands the ICARO, a retreat and energy oasis. Since 1936 ICARO has overlooked and lovingly guarded the Alpe di Siusi at 1,900m above sea level. From the Cir peaks over the Sasso Lungo to the Catinaccio d’Antermoia and on to the Sciliar, the view is always fascinating in a different way.
The ICARO is a place of power, embedded in the charming natural and cultural landscape of the Dolomites. Sculptural peaks rise up around the exciting new architecture, gifting the ICARO with a new design. Renewed yet respectful of its original structure, since Summer 2021 the new ICARO welcomes open-minded globetrotters, providing wondrous time-travelling experiences through art, nature, relaxation and architecture to satisfy longings of all kind.
Curious and cosmopolitan travellers in search of the joie de vivre and inspirational journeys will love the ICARO. This place stimulates visitors to think differently. Where walls shift, rooms shape themselves into telescopes with a distant view. Where the unexpectedly creative embeds itself in walls and overlays itself, a wealth of ideas flourishes: the sophisticated, refined and sublime spirit of this retreat does not leave you untouched.
At the ICARO, one encounters the mountains and nature, but also pleasure, art, architecture, leisure and ultimately oneself. Here, visitors enter chambers of wonder and rooms of change, where to discover the entertaining and the amusing: colours, shapes and patterns that enraptures the observers for its details and makes them fall in love.
The hotel reflects the concentrated tension of a flapping wing, yet it welcomes with dignified and open arms – just as if it were ready for an embrace.
Spacious rooms and rituals are distributed throughout the hotel and become part of the alpine pasture through intelligently conceived insights and views. The ICARO offers every guest a suitable, private place where to rest, retreat and recharge at its own pace.
The ICARO is a vibrant and lively place to enjoy and dream, to meet and discuss, to move around, to ponder, do all or nothing … This refuge on the Alpe di Siusi inspires discerning travellers and write stories together with them after a careful renovation.
- PR & press office, national & international
- Organization of press trips
- Hospitality Consulting
@Luciano Paselli & Matteo Scarpellini (Summer, interior, details)
@Valentina Casalini (Winter indoor/out)
@Leonard Angerer (Winter outdoor)
What others say
Lavorare con Ruth Gamper e il suo team è una cosa fantastica. I suoi progetti, le sue storie, le sue idee sono sempre straordinariamente speciali. Ruth è una partner affidabile e competente nonché un’ottima compagna di viaggio.
Pamela Goodman – Travel Editor, House & Garden
- mag1861, Italy - January 2023 -
- viaggi.corriere.it, Italy - December 2022 -
- Natural Style, Italy - December 2022 -
- tripreporter.co.uk, UK - October 2022 -
- An Architectural Life, Germany - July 2022 -
- vanityfair.it, Italy - June 2022 -
- deutsche-bank.it, Italy - June 2022 -
- areawellness.eu, Italy - June 2022 -
- ELLE Traveller, Germany - May 2022 -
- COTE Magazine, Switzerland - May 2022 -
- XTRA Design Diffusion World, Italy - May 2022 -
- DHD Hotel Design Diffusion, Italy - May 2022 -
- area wellness, Italy - April 2022 -
- Elle Decoration, Germany - March 2022 -
- yonder.fr, France - March 2022 -
- Hotel Domani, Italy - February 2022 -
- DOVE, Italy - February 2022 -
- F Magazine, Italy - February 2022 -
- XTRA Magazine, Italy - January 2022 -
- Voyage de Luxe, France - January 2022 -
- SPA inside, Germany - January 2022 -
- TG24 Sky, Italy - January 2022 -
- Bell'Italia, Italy - January 2022 -
- D La Repubblica, Italy - December 2021 -
- Pantografo Magazine, Italy - December 2021 -
- vanityfair.it, Italy - December 2021 -
- Forbes, USA - December 2021 -
- style.corriere.it, Italy - December 2021 -
- SZ Magazin, Germany - December 2021 -
- repubblica.it, Italy - December 2021 -
- marie claire Maison, Italy - December 2021 -
- DOVE, Italy - November 2021 -
- S Magazin, Germany - November 2021 -
- BLUARTE, Italy - November 2021 -
- BLUARTE, Italy - October 2021 -
- ELLE, Germany - November 2021 -
- eco.nova, Austria - October 2021 -
- Luxe Infinity Magazine, France - September 2021 -
- ICON Magazine, Germany - September 2021 -
- Absolute Magazine, UK - August 2021 -
- saveoursnow.com, UK - August 2021 -
- Imagine Magazine, Switzerland - August 2021 -